Honduran law limits the size of real estate that can be owned by foreign nationals. The law permits one property under ¾ @ (3000 sq. meters) for residential use only.
A practical way to own property is by a Honduran corporation. (Sociedad Anonima)
Here is some advantages and benefits in doing so:
1. A Honduran corporation can buy and sell real estate property any time.
2. You own the shares to the corporation that owns the assets(s).
3. You (and your partner(s)) control the Board of Directors and the management of the
- • A corporate firewall protecting your assets.
- • Limited liability corporation (LLC)
- • Open bank accounts with local institutions
- • Be eligible and apply for resident status under your corporation
- • Buy other properties under the same corporation
- • Convey rights, title, ownership total or partial (thru stock certificates)
- • You can sell the property by transferring the shares.
- • Ownership thru a corporate entity makes a very flexible asset to dispose of for Estate Planning.
- • Honduran Corporations domiciled in Roatán shall apply and be eligible for Free Zone benefits.
- • Foreign individuals (non resident aliens) are not eligible for Free Zone benefits.
- • USA / Canada / UK tax benefits derived from ownership/investing in a foreign corporation. (You should check this further with your Attorney in the US and your tax advisor/CPA)
- • You can use the same corporation to do other business activities.
When you incorporate we deliver the following:
- • Registered charter of incorporation
- • Share certificates
- • Share purchase agreement by Honduran incorporators and yourself. Transfer of shares and all rights to the corporation.
- • RTN –corporate tax ID form (required to open bank accounts, importing goods, owning a vehicle)
- • Bank introduction
CESAR A. GONZALEZ
5 WEST BAY MALL, WEST BAY
for more information Email: